Welcome to Wildlife Queensland Fraser Coast Branch.
The Fraser Coast Branch of the Wildlife Preservation Society of Queensland has a very long and credible history in the protection of local wildlife.
Our Branch engages members and the local community through a range of activities including:
- monthly Nature Walks
- monthly Wildlife Talks in Hervey Bay and Maryborough Libraries
- school visits and workshops.
By invitation, we have representation on the Environmental Advisory Group with Fraser Coast Regional Council. Through an agreement with the University of the Sunshine Coast, the Branch is sponsoring a university Prize which is awarded each year to the highest performing Fraser Coast student in ANM102 Endangered Animals and their Conservation.
Other Branch activities include:
- Production and publication of the quarterly 20-24 page newsletter Wambaliman (see below) in both hardcopy (grayscale) and electronic form. It includes reports of meetings and events as well as opinion pieces of members and nature notes.
- We also have a monthly Wildlife Matters column in two local newspapers.
- Our Facebook page is an active source of information and exchange of thoughts.
All these activities go towards encouraging branch members and the community to understand and appreciate the wildlife and natural places of the Fraser Coast.
Day/Date: Meets on the third Sunday of the month, bi-monthly
Time: 2.00 pm
Where: Halcro Street Community Centre, Pialba
Upcoming 2021 branch meetings:
- Sunday, 20 June
- Sunday, 15 August
- Sunday, 19 September (AGM)
- Sunday, 21 November
Contact: President, Vanessa Elwell-Gavins
Mob: 0428 624 366
Events and activities
Participation in our monthly walks is free for members of Wildlife Queensland Fraser Coast. Non-members will be asked to make a $5 donation per walk. Most walks are on the first weekend of the month. Download the 2021 Nature Walks program
For more information, please contact John Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fraser Coast Backyard BioBlitz Program
Fraser Coast Backyard Bioblitz Winter 2021 (31 July-1 August 2021)
More information on the iNaturalistAU website.
Fraser Coast BioBlitz archive
Wildlife Talks in the Library
This free, monthly event includes a fabulous line-up of wildlife talks. Everyone welcome.
- 1.00 pm to 2.00 pm, third Friday of the month at Hervey Bay Library
- 1.00 pm to 2.00 pm, last Friday of the month at Maryborough Library
Upcoming library talks:
- Friday, 14 May (to be confirmed) at 1.00 pm, Hervey Bay Library. Alan Peebles – Vanishing Birds.
- Friday, 28 May at 1.00 pm, Maryborough Library. Lindsay Titmarsh – Tandora and Koalas.
Bookings are essentials. Bookings and further information on the Fraser Coast Regional Council website.
Wambaliman is a 20-24 page quarterly newsletter published by the Wildlife Queensland Fraser Coast Branch. It includes reports of meetings and events as well as opinion pieces of members and nature notes. Download the latest editions below.