Welcome to Wildlife Queensland Fraser Coast Branch.
The Fraser Coast Branch engages members and the local community through a range of activities including:
- monthly Nature Walks
- monthly Wildlife Talks in Hervey Bay and Maryborough Libraries
- school visits and workshops.
By invitation, we have representation on the Environmental Advisory Group with Fraser Coast Regional Council. Through an agreement with the University of the Sunshine Coast, the Branch is sponsoring a university Prize which is awarded each year to the highest performing Fraser Coast student in ANM102 Endangered Animals and their Conservation.
Other Branch activities include:
- Production and publication of the quarterly 20-24 page newsletter Wambaliman in both hardcopy (grayscale) and electronic form. It includes reports of meetings and events as well as opinion pieces of members and nature notes.
- We also have a monthly Wildlife Matters column in two local newspapers.
- Our Facebook page is an active source of information and exchange of thoughts.
All these activities go towards encouraging Branch members and the community to understand and appreciate the wildlife and natural places of the Fraser Coast.
Day/Date: Meets on the third Sunday of the month
Where: Usually at Halcro Street Community Centre, Pialba
Contact: President, Vanessa Elwell-Gavins
Mob: 0428 624 366
Wambaliman Newsletter (quarterly)
Download the latest Wambaliman Newsletter