Be a Wildlife Protector
© Canva NFP
Make saving Queensland’s wildlife part of your everyday life
Right now, our wildlife is facing greater threats than ever before.
Habitat destruction, climate change, and invasive species are just some of the ever-increasing threats that we are fighting.
Animals like greater gliders and yellow-bellied gliders, spotted-tailed quolls, brush-tailed rock-wallabies, platypus, and koalas urgently need your help to survive.
Together we can fight to protect our precious wildlife and their habitats, but only if we take action now.
Your support will fund our work in many critical areas:
- $15 a month will help monitor fauna, so we can learn how to best protect our native species.
- $25 a month will help provide nest boxes for hollow-dependent wildlife.
- $50 a month will help develop wildlife corridors to protect threatened species, like koalas, gliders, and Richmond birdwing butterflies.
- $100 a month will help fund a campaign to ban platypus-killing opera house traps in Queensland.
- $250 a month will help purchase vital conservation project equipment.
All donations of $2 or more are tax-deductible.
Thank you for becoming a Wildlife Protector. Together we will protect our unique biodiversity for generations to come.
Frequently asked questions
Why become a Wildlife Protector?
- Impact — empower Wildlife Queensland to achieve, and keep achieving, positive outcomes for Queensland’s wildlife on your behalf.
- Security — donating regularly allows us to plan and allocate resources to our projects and campaigns, now and into the future.
- Strength in numbers — lend your voice to the ever-growing number of Wildlife Protectors state-wide and beyond; together we can make a difference.
- Tax-deductibility — your donation is 100 per cent tax-deductible.
- Flexibility — you choose the amount you wish to give, from as little as 50c per day.
- Efficiency — joining us as a Wildlife Protector is the most time-efficient way for busy people to make a real difference to the environment.
- Connectivity — Wildlife Protectors receive regular updates to keep them in touch with the issues that concern Queensland’s wildlife and conservation community.
Who can be a Wildlife Protector?
Anyone can be a Wildlife Protector as long as they are over 18 years of age.
You don’t have to be an individual — a group, business, organisation or school can be a Wildlife Protector.
How much can I give?
You can give as little as 50c per day or $15 dollars per month with no maximum amount. Give as much as you can sustainably afford.
Where does my donation go?
All Wildlife Protector donations go to ensuring that Wildlife Queensland successfully and effectively achieves positive outcomes for wildlife in Queensland by maintaining our proven program of campaigns and projects.
Do I get receipts?
Yes. You’ll receive an emailed receipt shortly after you donate.
You will also receive a consolidated tax receipt at the end of the financial year.
Is donating online secure?
Wildlife Queensland’s website uses secure SSL encryption.
What happens to my personal information?