31 July 2021
Subscribe to Wildlife Australia magazine between 1 August and 5 September 2021 and receive a FREE copy of Harry Saddler’s fantastic new book Questions Raised by Quolls: Fatherhood and Conservation in an Uncertain World.
As Harry considers the devastating impacts of colonialism and climate change on the natural world, he can’t help but wonder how he would explain all this loss to a future child. While grappling with this dilemma, Harry reminisces on his own childhood spent bushwalking with family – including his first encounter with an Eastern quoll on a camping trip with his father. He explores the inner-city walking track that was once home to the Eastern Quoll, now extinct on the Australian mainland. He also charts his own colonial ancestry and considers the destruction wrought by invasion on First Nations people and cultures.
*The offer is for all new one- or two-year print subscriptions to Wildlife Australia magazine. Open to Australian residents only. Offer is available while stocks last. The gift will be sent directly to the gift recipient, not the gift purchaser.
Read the full Terms and Conditions below.
About Wildlife Australia Magazine
Published by Wildlife Queensland, Wildlife Australia is Australia’s oldest surviving wildlife magazine and nature journal. It features articles by experts, researchers and award-winning natural history authors and showcases the photography of some of the continent’s most talented photographers. A quarterly, 48-page full-colour magazine, Wildlife Australia is published in print for thousands of international and Australian subscribers and is also available digitally. All proceeds fund the crucial conservation work of Wildlife Queensland. Subscribe now.
About Harry Saddler
Harry Saddler is a Melbourne-based writer. His writing about the interactions between people, animals, and the environment has been published in the Lifted Brow, Meanjin, and The Guardian, among others. His book The Eastern Curlew: the extraordinary life of a migratory bird was shortlisted for the Queensland Literary Awards in 2019. Find out more.
Why not add value by also adopting a quoll for your dad?
For a donation of $60 or more, you can symbolically ‘adopt’ a quoll for one year. We’ll send you:
- a personalised adoption certificate
- a colour brochure explaining quoll ecology, habitat and conservation
- information on how to make a quoll-proof poultry pen
- a Quoll Seekers Network fridge magnet
- a quoll info kit on CD
- a bonus FREE gift!
Remember, every Wildlife Australia subscription or adoption raises funds that help conserve these endangered dasyurids. Kids can also download this easy-to-make template from Babysits to create a FREE recycled cardboard quoll card. How quirky is that!
And to show a bit of love to all the daddy quolls out there this Father’s Day — because, let’s face it, these marsupials need all the help they can get — please share our promotional video to your social media and join our Quoll Seekers Network.
Wildlife Australia Father’s Day Promotion Terms and Conditions
Entry is limited to Australian residents only.
Eligible individuals must purchase a new one or two-year print subscription to Wildlife Australia magazine during the Promotion Period via one of the following ways:
- online at the Wildlife Queensland shop (choose the relevant Father’s Day promotion product)
- by phoning Wildlife Queensland on 07 3844 0129
- by mail to Wildlife Queensland, Suite 1, Level 1, 30 Gladstone Road, Highgate Hill, Brisbane, Qld 4101.
Free book will be posted to the recipient of the subscription.
How to take up this offer
- Go to the Wildlife Australia ‘Subscribe’ page before midnight 5 September 2021.
- Choose the Wildlife Australia Father’s Day 2021 offer. Select Offer dropdown menu, select ‘One year delivered in Australia’ or ‘Two years delivered in Australia’.
- Click ‘Add to your cart’.
- Proceed to checkout.
- After filling in the ‘Billing Details’, fill in the ‘Ship to a Different Address’ information with the gift recipient’s information.
- In the ‘Order Notes (optional)’ section under this, add the name of the person you are gifting the subscription to. Then proceed to payment. You will receive a notification and the book and subscription will be mailed out to the recipient of the gift.