Don’t miss this important 1-day symposium!
Protected areas are the cornerstone of efforts to safeguard biodiversity; they are the best available means to ensure the recovery and survival of our threatened native animals and plants.
Protected areas include national parks, nature reserves, marine parks and reserves.
This special 1-day symposium brings together some of our top wildlife and conservation experts to explore and discuss the importance of protected areas for wildlife conservation.
Date and venue
Sunday, 23 May 2021
9.00 am to 4.00 pm
Mt Coot-tha Botanical Gardens Auditorium
152 Mount Coot-tha Road, Mount Coot-tha, Brisbane, QLD 4066
- The Honourable Meaghan Scanlon MP Minister for Environment and the Great Barrier Reef and Minister for Science and Youth Affairs
- Joanna Axford, Bush Heritage Australia
- Katie Walters, Australian Marine Conservation Society (AMCS)
- Marc Hockings, IUCN World Commission on Protected Areas (IUCN)
- Martin Taylor, World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
- Peter Ogilvie, Wildlife Preservation Society of Queensland (WPSQ
- Protected areas the keystone of conservation of biodiversity (Martin Taylor, WWF)
- Private Protected Areas – conserving critical refugia in perpetuity (Dr Joanna Axford, BHA)
- The Use and Abuse of National Parks in Queensland (Peter Ogilvie, WPSQ)
- Valuing values for marine areas – shifting the narrative around MPA creation and management (Katie Walters, AMCS)
- The IUCN Green List of Protected and Conserved Areas: Setting the standard for effective conservation (Prof. Marc Hockings, IUCN)
- Member (Wildlife Queensland Member): $35.00
- Non-member: $45.00
Ticket includes light lunch and morning & afternoon teas. * Please specify dietary requirements where indicated on the booking form.
- Online at: Eventbrite
- Over the phone: Phone Wildlife Queensland on 07 3844 0129 and pay by credit card over the phone
- By mail:
- Download and complete/return the Booking Form and include a cheque/money order payable to Wildlife Queensland or complete your credit card details on the form.
- Return completed booking/payment form to: Wildlife Queensland, Level 1, 30 Gladstone Road, Highgate Hill, QLD 4101
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made before 1 May 2021 will receive a full refund minus $15 administration fee. Cancellations made after that date cannot be refunded. Substitutions may be made at any time at no cost.
This event complies with Government rules relating to limits on public gatherings for coronavirus (COVID-19) that apply at the time of the event.
- Maximum 80 attendees at the event.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided.
- Names, phone numbers and email addresses to be supplied for contact tracing.
- Seating will comply with COVID restrictions current on the day of the symposium.
Questions and more information
Janelle Devery Ph: 07 3844 0129 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org