From 1 July 2018, the ban on single-use lightweight plastic shopping bags – including degradable and biodegradable bags – will take effect in Queensland. As the clock ticks down to this wonderful win for our wildlife, Wildlife Queensland is helping its members and supporters become reusable-ready for the change.
- Queensland shoppers will no longer be provided with lightweight plastic bags at the supermarket
- Retailers who flout the laws face fines of up to $3,000
- Australian states with bans in place have seen a rise in consumers and retailers resorting to thicker bags to escape the rule – this is NOT what we want for Queensland
- Our wildlife needs the Queensland ban to be a success – from the start
- Taking reusable bags to the supermarket is THE safest and most successful alternative to plastic bags for our environment and its wildlife
- And while we’re at it, why not change our habits around other wasteful and deadly plastic products as well – like produce bags and cling wrap! HERE’S HOW…
Goodbye Plastic Drive!
Until 30 March, Wildlife Queensland is giving its members and supporters the chance to purchase three key alternatives to plastic products at great prices in one simple step. Order in our online shop today to