Meet Prof Mike Archer at Wildlife Queensland’s 2019 Annual Dinner
Wildlife Queensland is continuing to inspire and excite our friends, members and supporters with yet another amazing speaker at our 2019 annual dinner.
Mike Archer is Professor of Palaeobiology at the University of New South Wales and is perhaps best known for leading research into the extraordinary Riversleigh fossil deposits in Queensland.
Join us for dinner and hear about Mike’s current research on discovering how the fossil record has vital information about saving critically endangered species – using strategies that would never have occurred to ecologists. His team is starting a project of this kind now to save the critically endangered Mountain Pygmy possum, and he is positive it will work!
And that’s not all …
- Enjoy delicious fare in the beautiful Terrace Room at Indooroopilly Golf Club. Did we mention the stunning views, large inbuilt dance floor and private bar?!
- Celebrate our wins, recognise those making a difference in the lives of wildlife, and find out what’s next from WPSQ President Peter Ogilvie.
- Catch up with old friends, meet new ones and if you’ve been meaning to get more involved with Wildlife Queensland, this is the perfect opportunity.
- Let there be luck! There will be loads of lucky door prizes, raffles, competitions, and more …
Date and venue
Saturday, 7 December 2019
6:30pm ‒ 10.30pm (approx.)
Indooroopilly Golf Club
The Terrace Room, Meiers Road, Indooroopilly, Qld 4068
Ticket bookings and payment options
- Early Bird (until 31 August): $75
- Standard (from 1 Sept): $85
- Student: $75
- Table of 10: $750
Ticket includes a 2-course meal and drink.
How to book:
- Online at: https://www.trybooking.com/BDSQH
- Over the phone: Phone WPSQ on 07 3844 0129 and pay by credit card over the phone
- By mail: Download and complete/return the Booking Form and include a cheque/money order payable to Wildlife Queensland or complete your credit card details on the form.
Return completed booking/payment form to:
Level 1, 30 Gladstone Road, Highgate Hill, QLD 4101
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made before 31 October 2019 will receive a full refund minus $15 administration fee. Cancellations made after that date cannot be refunded. Substitutions may be made at any time at no cost.
Thanks to our generous supporters, we have some amazing prizes to give away on the night. Some of these include:
- Koh cleaning system
- A stunning Pure Sands ring + Islands of Australia (book)
- Dreamworld family pass + Lumholtz feeding experience + Bobby the tree kangaroo (Children’s book)
- Kooralbyn Resort accommodation
- “Black Throated Finch” artwork by Pam McGrath
- World Heritage Sites of Australia: book + Steven Nowakowski calendar
- Habitat: A Practical Guide to Creating a Wildlife-friendly Australian Garden: book + Bunnings voucher $50
- Resin art cheeseboard + knife + Organic wine + set of glasses
- Batty Boat cruise family pass – 2 adults + 3 children
- Wildlife HQ Zoo passes
- Compot composting pots from Direct Composting Solutions
- and lots more …
Alternate drop main
- Grilled fillet of beef with vine tomatoes, roasted baby potatoes, smoked cauliflower puree, charred baby leeks and jus
- Brie and cranberry chicken Kiev with sweet potato mash, grilled asparagus and a crisp sage and mushroom sauce
- Pumpkin and sage ravioli with blistered tomatoes, Persian fetta, pine nut butter sauce and dressed leaves (requested vegetarian option)
1 x complementary drink with dinner
Alternate drop dessert
- Raspberry and white chocolate mille feuille with roasted berry gel, smashed meringue and Chantilly cream
- Warm sticky date pudding with salted caramel sauce, pistachio crumb and cinnamon ice cream
Cash bar available for purchases
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the start and end times of the event?
Saturday, 7 December 2019
The event begins at 6.30 pm and ends around 10.30 pm.
Indooroopilly Golf Club
The Terrace Room
Meiers Road, Indooroopilly, Qld 4068
Phone: (07) 3721 2121
The Terrace Room:
The largest of our reception venues, the Terrace Room features a large inbuilt dance floor, private bar and floor to ceiling glass windows. From the opulent covered terrace, you can take in the stunning views and twinkling city lights.
Q: How far is the event venue from Brisbane CBD?
A: The Indooroopilly Golf Club is conveniently located just 7kms or 10 minutes from the Brisbane CBD.
TO GET THERE:
- By car – The Golf Club is located 10 minutes from the Brisbane CBD. Plenty of parking is available.
- By train – To Indooroopilly Station. It would probably be too far to walk so pick up would need to be arranged. If you are planning to travel this way, please ensure that you advise the head office.
Please check the Translink Brisbane website for timetables and more information.
Q. Where can I stay in Brisbane?
A: For information on accommodation options and what’s on in Brisbane, visit the Visit Brisbane website.
Q. What if I can’t make it on the night?
A: Cancellations made before 31 October 2019 will receive a full refund minus $15 administration fee. Cancellations made after that date cannot be refunded. Substitutions may be made at any time at no cost.
Q. Do I need to wear formal attire?
A: No, but you can if you would like to 🙂 Appropriate attire is anything from smart casual to formal.
Have a question?
- Contact us by phone: 07 3844 0129
- Contact us by email: email@example.com
Proudly supported by: