Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) update:
Given the developments related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), Wildlife Queensland and its Branches are assessing the formats and timings of upcoming WPSQ events and will keep you informed of any changes as new information arrives. Please refer to our Facebook page for updates.
The health and safety of our members, supporters, staff and volunteers is a top priority for Wildlife Queensland. We will continue to follow advice from the federal government and Queensland Health.
Our What’s On Calendar is a free service to groups and organisations concerned with the Australian environment and wildlife, that wish to bring their activities to the attention of our readers. Check back regularly for event updates!
To have an event considered for inclusion in our What’s On Calendar
- Please complete the What’s On submission form.
- Please keep your submissions as brief as possible and be sure to include all necessary contact details.
Clean Up Australia PLOG-A-THON
1 June – 31 August 2020
National Tree Day
2 August 2020
National Landcare Week
3 to 9 August 2020
Science Fun Day – Redland City Ekka Public Holiday
Monday, 10 August 2020 from 10.00 am to 3.00 pm
National Science Week
15 to 23 August 2020
Keep Australia Beautiful Week
17 to 23 August 2020
National Biodiversity Month
1 to 30 September 2020
National Wattle Day
1 September 2020
2020 Cicada Film Festival
National Threatened Species Day
7 September 2020
- 11-13 Sept: Charleville Bilby Festival
- 16 Sept: International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer
- 20 Sept: Sustainable House Day
- 24 Sept: World Maritime Day
- 5-11 Oct: Australian Wildlife Week
- 7 Oct: World Habitat Day
- 13 Oct: International Day for Disaster Reduction
- 19-25 Oct: Aussie Backyard Bird Count
- 19-25 Oct: National Water Week
- 5 November: World Tsunami Awareness Day
- 8-15 November: Pollinator Week
- 9-15 November: National Recycling Week
- 21 November: World Fisheries Day
- 11 Dec: International Mountain Day
Wildlife Queensland Brisbane Branch
Monthly talks by Wildlife Queensland Brisbane Branch
Monthly (refer to Facebook page for dates) @ 7:30pm
Wildlife Queensland Bayside Branch
Monthly talks by Wildlife Queensland Bayside Branch
Monthly (refer to Facebook page for dates) @ 7:00pm
Wildlife Queensland Fraser Coast Branch
Monthly Nature Walks by Wildlife Queensland Fraser Coast Branch
Nature in the Library Talks by Wildlife Queensland Fraser Coast Branch
- 1.00 pm – 2.00 pm, third Friday of the month at Hervey Bay library
- 1.00 pm – 2.00 pm, fourth Friday of the month at Maryborough Library
NOTICE: In response to COVID-19, Fraser Coast Libraries will remain closed until further notice.
Wildlife Queensland Sunshine Coast Branch
Faunawatch Regular Survey and walks – Wildlife Queensland Sunshine Coast Branch
- Faunawatch regular survey – Maroochy Botanical Gardens
- Fourth Monday walks – various locations
Refer to the Faunawatch webpage for dates and locations.