NOTICE: For the latest updates on Wildlife Queensland events, please also refer to our Facebook page.
Our What’s On Calendar is a free service to groups and organisations concerned with the Australian environment and wildlife, that wish to bring their activities to the attention of our readers. Check back regularly for event updates!
To have an event considered for inclusion in our What’s On Calendar
- Please complete the What’s On submission form.
- Please keep your submissions as brief as possible and be sure to include all necessary contact details.
- World Wildlife Day, various (3 March)
- Youth and Schools Clean Up Day (5 March)
- SeaWeek (6 to 14 March 2021)
- World Parks Week (6 to 14 March)
- Nature walk with WPSQ Fraser Coast Branch, Point Vernon Coastal Walk (7 March)
- Clean Up Australia Day (7 March)
Clean Up Australia with Wildlife Queensland Branches
Clean Up Australia Day, Australia’s largest community-based environmental event, is on Sunday, 7 March 2021. Wildlife Queensland branches are once again hosting Clean Up events throughout the state and we encourage residents to get involved.
Sunday, 7 March 2021
- International Women’s Day (8 March)
Naturally GC – Back from the Brink Film Screening Night
Saturday 13 March 2021 from 4.00 pm (AEST)
MRCCC Quoll Seekers presentation
Tuesday, 16 March 2021 from 11:00 am – 2:45 pm (AEST)
The Richmond Birdwing Butterfly – a Wildlife Queensland webinar
Wednesday, 24 March 2021 from 10:30 am – 11:30 am (AEST)
- Easter Friday (2 April)
- Easter Sunday (4 April)
- Earth Day (22 April)
- International Composting Awareness Week (2 to 8 May)
- World Migratory Bird Day (8 May 2021, TBC)
- Hairy-Nosed Day (Wombat) (11 May)
- National Volunteer Week (17 to 23 May)
- World Bee Day (20 May)
- International Day for Biological Diversity (22 May)
- World Turtle Day (23 May)
Wildlife Queensland Brisbane Branch
Monthly talks by Wildlife Queensland Brisbane Branch
Monthly (refer to Facebook page for dates) @ 7:30pm
Wildlife Queensland Fraser Coast Branch
Monthly Nature Walks by Wildlife Queensland Fraser Coast Branch
Nature in the Library Talks by Wildlife Queensland Fraser Coast Branch
- 1.00 pm – 2.00 pm, third Friday of the month at Hervey Bay library
- 1.00 pm – 2.00 pm, fourth Friday of the month at Maryborough Library
NOTICE: In response to COVID-19, Fraser Coast Libraries will remain closed until further notice.
Wildlife Queensland Sunshine Coast Branch
Faunawatch Regular Survey and walks – Wildlife Queensland Sunshine Coast Branch
- Faunawatch regular survey – Maroochy Botanical Gardens
- Fourth Monday walks – various locations
Refer to the Faunawatch webpage for dates and locations.