Come along and support Wildlife Preservation Society Queensland and enjoy a day of making new friends and spending time with old ones, sharing experiences, networking and, importantly, having a good time.
There will be branch highlights, the AGM, awards, presentations, good food plus a picturesque walk and wildlife viewing.
Saturday, 7 September 2019
9.00am – 3.45pm
Redland City Lions Club
122 Shore Street North, Cleveland, 4163
The hall is only a few hundred metres further along from the Grand View Hotel on Shore Street North.
How to get there
- By car – The Hall is accessible from the street with parking for about 12 cars in the car park at the side of the building. Street parking is also available.
- By train – to Cleveland station. It would probably be too far to walk so pick up would need to be arranged. If you are planning to travel this way, please ensure that you advise head office.
Please check the Translink Brisbane website for timetables and more information.
Saturday 7 September
9.10am: Welcome and housekeeping
9.15am: Branch reports
10.30am: Morning tea
10.45am: AGM including society reports
11.45am: Open forum for members and branches. Opportunity to discuss issues and how they see the society going forward.
12.45pm: Lunch and awards
1.30pm: Short presentation – Koala tracking by Debbie Pointing of Koala Action Group
2.00pm: Gentle walk to view koalas, birds and mangroves in the nearby GJ Walter Park
3.00pm: WLFL AGM
3.30pm: Afternoon tea
Book online at the event booking site.
OR Download the Registration Form and post or fax it with your payment to:
Wildlife Preservation Society of Queensland
Suite 1, Level 1, 30 Gladstone Road,
Highgate Hill Q 4101.
FAX: 07 3846 4784
Frequently Asked Questions
Are meals included?
All meals will be supplied in accordance with what you nominate on your completed Registration form. Please ensure you advise us of any special meal requirements when booking.
What should I bring?
To participate in the walk please wear appropriate walking shoes, a hat and sunscreen. A jacket may be a good idea as it can be cool at this time of year.
Have a question?
- Contact us by phone: 07 3844 0129
- Contact us by email: email@example.com
Things to do and places to stay in the Redlands
Why not make a weekend of it? Here are some great things to do in the Redlands area on that weekend:
- Redfest Strawberry Festival (6-8 September)
- Art By The Boardwalk (Sunday 8 September)
- Cleveland Markets – Bloomfield Street (Sunday 8 September)
- Redland Bay Markets (Sunday 8 September)
- Wetland Wander – Redland Art Gallery (Opening event 6.30pm Friday, 6 September)
For more information on these events or to check what else you can do, visit the Redlands Coast website
For a range of good accommodation options, visit the Queensland.com website.