Don’t miss this important 1-day symposium!
Protected areas are the cornerstone of efforts to safeguard biodiversity; they are the best available means to ensure the recovery and survival of our threatened native animals and plants.
Protected areas include national parks, nature reserves, marine parks and reserves.
This special 1-day symposium brings together some of our top wildlife and conservation experts to explore and discuss the importance of protected areas for wildlife conservation.
Speakers and program
- Martin Taylor, World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
- Shauna Chadlowe, Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC)
- Katie Walters, Australian Marine Conservation Society (AMCS)
- Peter Ogilvie, Wildlife Preservation Society of Queensland (WPSQ)
- Darren Burns, traditional owner, and Land and Sea manager of Quandamooka Yoolooburrabee Aboriginal Corporation (QYAC)
- Marine park conservation
- The exploitation of national parks
- Climate change and protected areas
- Private land conservation initiatives to save Australia’s threatened wildlife
- The role of the current Protected Area Estate and its effectiveness in protecting plants and animals
Event program coming soon. Keep checking this website and the Wildlife Queensland Facebook page for updates on the speakers and program.
Date and venue
Saturday, 14 March 2020
9.00 am to 4.00 pm
Mt Coot-tha Botanical Gardens Auditorium
152 Mount Coot-tha Road, Mount Coot-tha, Brisbane, QLD 4066
- Members (WPSQ Member): $35.00
- General Admission (Non-member): $45.00
Ticket includes light lunch and morning & afternoon teas. Please specify dietary requirements where indicated when booking.
- Online at: https://www.trybooking.com/BHTOM
- Over the phone: Phone WPSQ on 07 3844 0129 and pay by credit card over the phone
- By mail:
- Download and complete/return the Booking Form and include a cheque/money order payable to Wildlife Queensland or complete your credit card details on the form.
- Return completed booking/payment form to: Wildlife Queensland, Level 1, 30 Gladstone Road, Highgate Hill, QLD 4101
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made before 1 March 2020 will receive a full refund minus $15 administration fee. Cancellations made after that date cannot be refunded. Substitutions may be made at any time at no cost.
Questions and more information
Janelle Devery Ph: 07 3844 0129 Email: email@example.com