I’ve got possums in my roof – how can I rehouse them? What’s the best type of fencing to have near a flying fox colony? Should I feed the birds in my yard? What’s the best type of tree to hang a nestbox on? How can I train to be a wildlife carer?
Living with wildlife helps you create an environment where wildlife is welcomed.
All wildlife deserves respect and even though living alongside wildlife can be a special experience, it can sometimes be a source of anxiety or concern.
Whether you have possums in the roof, snake in the laundry or ducks in the pool, Wildlife Queensland can help you with information or appropriate contacts.
- Bringing the bush to city backyards
- Feeding wild birds in Australia
- Garden trees and wildlife
- Guide to at-home wildlife projects & activities
- How to build a nest box
- How to build a frog hotel
- How to build a frog pond
- Tips to make pools, fences and roadsides more fauna-friendly
- Wildlife rescue and care
Brochures, flyers & fact sheets
- Cultivate and care for birdwing vines
- Happy Platypus: How You Can Help an Iconic Australian
- Keeping Your Cats and Your Native Wildlife Safe
- PlatypusWatch brochure
- Looking Out for Platypus
- Richmond birdwing butterfly (Ornithoptera richmondia)
- Richmond birdwing vine (Pararistolochia praevenosa) and mountain aristolochia (P. laheyana)
- Richmond Birdwing Conservation Network recommended nurseries where you can purchase birdwing vines