Batty Boat Cruise February 2019 Photo Competition
Terms and Conditions
- This competition (“Competition”) is conducted by the Wildlife Preservations Society of Queensland of Suite 1, Level 1, 30 Gladstone Road, Highgate Hill, Brisbane, Queensland 4101 (“Promoter”). This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
- Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) have an Instagram account; (ii) are not employees of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the Competition; and (iii) are over 18 years of age or if under 18, can, if requested by the Promoter provide written consent from a parent or guardian to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (“Entrant”).
- The Competition commences at 16:30 (4.30pm) AEST on Sunday 17/02/2019 and closes at 10:00 (10.00am) on Sunday 24/02/2019. Final entries must be submitted before 10.00am (“Entry Period”).
- Except as otherwise indicated, all amounts stated in these conditions are stated in Australian dollars.
- There is no cost to enter the Competition, however, internet connection and usage rates may apply. Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
- Entries must be received during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by an Entrant invalid if the Entrant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Submission must be a single image only. Multiple entries are encouraged. Video clips or photo collages will not be accepted.
- The Entrant agrees that any images entered into this Competition will be available for use in perpetuity by the Promoter and may be used as promotional material in future marketing and advertising campaigns.
- The photos must be of bats or other wildlife spotted on the Batty Boat Cruise departing from Mowbray Park, Thorn Street, East Brisbane on 17/02/2019. The photographer of the image will be acknowledged therefore the Entrant must ensure that the images are their own. It is the responsibility of the Entrant to obtain the appropriate consent if their Entry includes people.
- The Prize Winner will be announced at 15:00 (3.00pm) on Wednesday 27/02/19 via the Promoter’s Instagram account. The winning image will be acknowledged with recognition on the Promoter’s website. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding upon all Entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
How to Enter
- To enter, eligible individuals must:
- Capture a photo of a bat/s or other wildlife during our Batty Boat Cruise Event on 17 February 2019
- Upload your photo to Instagram and hashtag #wildlifequeensland
- Follow Wildlife Queensland on Instagram @wildlifequeensland
Make sure your profile is made public to be eligible (otherwise we won’t be able to see your entry).
Entries not submitted through the user’s Instagram page will be disqualified. (Entries will not be accepted through private Facebook message or Twitter comments and messages).
Prize and Winner
- The Prize Winner will be notified via the Promoter’s Instagram account no later than Thursday 28/02/19. The Prize Winner notification will include instructions as to how the Prize Winner is able to claim the prize and establish his/her entitlement to it. The Prize Winner must be able to prove to the Promoter’s satisfaction, that they satisfy the requirements of being an Entrant pursuant to Condition 3 of these Terms and Conditions.
- The name of the Prize Winner will be published on the Wildlife Queensland Instagram page within 48 hours of the prize being won, for a period of at least one week.
- The Prize Winner will forfeit the prize if they do not claim the prize by contacting the Promoter within forty-eight (48) hours of it being made available for their collection.
- The prize is one (1) Wildlife Queensland Bat Pack, comprising:
- a one year subscription to Wildlife Australia Magazine
- one handmade bat tote bag
- one flying fox soft toy.
- Prize cannot be sold and will not be replaced if misplaced.
- Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the material (“Content”) they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, discriminatory, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (c) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; (d) they will comply with the Terms and Conditions of use as required by Instagram; and (e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems. Without limiting any other terms herein, the Entrant indemnifies the Promoter for any loss, damage or claim suffered by the Promoter or by any third party arising from a breach of these terms.
- If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any Entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); (v) any delay in delivery, or failure of safe delivery of the prize.
Release for promotional activities
- By entering in the Competition, all Entrants agree that the Promoter may use the images for various Wildlife Queensland promotions. The winning and other Entrants also agree that the Promoter may post the Winner’s entry on the Wildlife Queensland Instagram page, plus promoting on Wildlife Queensland’s Facebook and Twitter accounts without prior permission. Entrant’s images may also be used in future marketing and advertising campaign activities.
Exclusion of Liability
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate. Any photos that display risky behaviour or use unsafe practices will be disqualified.
- Any cost associated with accessing Instagram and mobile applications is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
- Entrants must not put themselves or others at risk to gain photographic entries for this Competition. All Entrants enter the Competition at their own risk and the Prize Winner accepts the prize at his or her own risk. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the “Relevant Parties”) exclude all liability for and Entrants indemnify the Promoter in respect of, any loss (including damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Entrant in connection with the Competition or prize.
- Where an Entrant provides personal information to the Promoter, noting that the Entrant’s participation in the Competition is voluntary, the personal information will be used by the Promoter to administer the Competition in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Entrants’ personal information will be stored securely and except as provided for in these Terms and Conditions, will not be given to any other person or agency unless you have given us permission, or we are authorised or required by law.
- This Competition is a game of skill and one (1) winner will be selected based on how well they meet the criteria.