Dr Jane O’Sullivan from Sustainable Population Australia talks about issues caused by the increasing population here in South East Queensland and further afield at the Wildlife Queensland Bayside Branch November meeting.
The United Nations estimates that the world population will reach 8 billion on 15th November. With the increasing population pressures in SEQ from interstate migration and development, Jane will be talking to us about facts, myths and more including:
• Is world population growth slowing down?
• When will world population growth peak?
• Are concerns about Australian population growth contrary to equity and human rights?
• Is Australian biodiversity being affected by population growth?
• What is the relationship between climate change and population growth?
• What is the role of population growth in rising trends of famine and conflict?
• Are ageing and depopulation now the main demographic challenge?
SPA is an independent not-for-profit organisation seeking to protect the environment and our quality of life by ending population growth in Australia and globally, while rejecting racism and involuntary population control. SPA is an environmental advocacy organisation, not a political party.
General public welcome.
For more information phone Steve 0423 036 676 or email email@example.com