The swing of the penudulum: Vegetation Management Framework Bill
At a recent address to the Queensland Rural Press Club, Hon Andrew Cripps M.P., Minister for Natural Resources and Mines stated ‘The previous Labor Government had allowed
the pendulum to swing too far towards extreme green policies…’ and this was the justification for breaking a commitment of the now Premier, Campbell Newman, made prior to the last election. A commitment was given to World Wildlife Fund and the Queensland Conservation Council on behalf of a large number of conservation organisations that the ‘LNP will retain the current level of statutory vegetation protection’ under the then existing Vegetation Management Act and related legislation. That was justified because even under that legislation biodiversity was still in decline and illegal clearing still occurring… more
- The swing of the pendulum: Vegetation Management Framework Bill 2013 – May 2013
- Submission on Vegetation Management Framework Amendment Bill 2013 (Qld) – April 2013
- Australia helps pave the way for conservation in Vietnam – January 2013
- Update on Nature Conservation and Other Legislation Amendment Bill – December 2012
- Submission on Nature Conservation and other Legislation Amendment Bill 2012 – December 2012
- Nature Conservation and Other Legislation Amendment Bill – November 2012
- National Wildlife Corridors Plan – April 2012
- Wildlife Corridors: a landscape-scale approach to biodiversity conservation – Feb 2012
- Good News for Flinders Karawatha Corridor – February 2012
- Out of time for Stock Route Bill – February 2012
CURRENT ISSUES AND NEWS
Conservation is on the agenda at all times, some of the current issues being pursued by Wildlife Queensland can be found in our news section.
Read the summary of recent submissions to find out about Wildlife Queensland in action.